Application & Information
Saturday, December 4, 2021 at 3PM
Theme- Think Local!
Brought to you by the Brevard/Transylvania Chamber of Commerce
Register Online Now »
Print Mail-In Registration Packet »
With the Christmas Season around the corner The Brevard/Transylvania Chamber of Commerce is excited to host the 50th Annual Downtown Brevard Christmas Parade. We are so happy to be able to gather again in person and kick off the holiday season with this fun tradition which is sponsored by Transylvania Vocational Services (TVS) and Blue Ridge Community College. This year’s parade will be held on Saturday, December 4 at 3pm, rain or shine.
This year’s parade theme is Think Local. Think Local Transylvania was created by the Heart of Brevard and the Brevard/Transylvania Chamber of Commerce, with the mission to support small local businesses and nonprofits, foster county-wide togetherness, celebrate our unique place, and grow a thriving and resilient economy for all in Transylvania County. We all know what a special place Brevard and Transylvania County is and we encourage everyone to Think Local this Christmas when gathering, shopping and celebrating the holidays.
The parade will begin at Brevard High School and continue down Country Club Road and Broad Street through downtown, ending at Brevard College. Applications can be requested by contacting Corey Gafnea at 828-883-3700 or Corey@brevardncchamber.org, or pick one up at the Chamber of Commerce at 175 East Main Street. Fully completed applications including entry fee of $15.00 per organization are due by Tuesday, November 23.
Is there a maximum number of entries?
No. The more the merrier!
Do I need to register for the parade?
If you have a float or entry you would like announced you MUST register by November 23. Only emergency vehicles and classic cars do not need to register.
How much does it cost to enter the parade?
There is a $15 registration fee. Organizations with more than one entry may pay $20 to cover all their entries.
When should we arrive at the High School?
The earlier you arrive, the closer you will be to the front of the parade. Arrive as early as noon and as late as 2:15pm. Floats are judged at 1:30pm and the deadline to check in is 2:30pm.
Where and why do I need to check in?
Check-in is in front of the cafeteria on the lawn at Brevard High School. Please check in by 2:30pm. If you do not check in we will assume you did not show and your entry will not be announced at the square. When you do check in you will receive a number to put in the inside front, passenger’s side windshield of your vehicle facing out. We will pull the corresponding numbered card to announce you in the square.
Will the parade be broadcast?
WGCR radio will carry the parade live and will follow the same procedure mentioned above to announce your entry.
How will I know when to go?
We line floats up in the order they arrive. A volunteer will ask you to go when it’s time.
Can we stop and perform during the parade?
A group may stop and perform at the intersection of Main and Broad for the Mayor (our emcee). Performances should last no more than one minute. No other stops will be allowed.
Can we hand out flyers or candy?
No handouts can be given out unless attached to candy. PLEASE do not throw candy from your float or vehicle. This causes an unsafe situation when children run out into the road. Candy can be handed out by people walking beside your float.
Is there a rain date?
No. The parade takes place rain or shine.
Christmas Parade Rules 2021
- Advance registration is a must! Please return your signed application form by November 22, 2019.
Upon arrival at the High School, please visit the tent at the front left corner of the building. This is where you check in. CHECK IN IS REQUIRED. You will be assigned a number at that time so that you can be announced at the square in the correct order.
- The following types of vehicles are not allowed:
A. 18 wheelers B. Mini Bikes C. ATV’s or Go-Carts
- For the safety of onlookers and participants, please do not throw candy or other items from your vehicle. Disregarding this rule could jeopardize your chances of being in future parades. Walkers may hand out candy from beside their float.
- No entries shall use the parade for advertising merchandise. However, businesses can display the name of their business on their entry.
- Parade entries shall be decorated in a festive manner, preferably relating to the theme.
- Entries making political/social statements will not be allowed.
- Only one Emergency Response Vehicle per fire district. The area from the Transylvania County Library to the Transylvania Times is to remain siren free.
- After lining up, please remain with your entry. Judging will begin at 1:30pm.
- Maintain 30 feet between each entry for the safety of participants and to provide spectators with the best view. At the same time, be sure to keep moving to prevent gaps.
- Only one Santa shall be in the parade. The Chamber of Commerce has made these arrangements.
- No horses will be allowed to participate in the parade. Any pet participating must ride on a float or inside a vehicle.
FLOAT PARTICIPANTS MUST ENTER THROUGH THE BACK ENTRANCE OF THE HIGH SCHOOL OFF GALLIMORE ROAD VIA GREENVILLE HIGHWAY. No floats except for the Grand Marshal, Honor Guard, Chamber of Commerce and other invited participants will be allowed admittance from the Country Club Road entrance. See parade staging map.
PLEASE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO ARRIVE AT THE HIGH SCHOOL WITH A COMPLETED FLOAT. IF NECESSARY, YOU MAY USE MEDICAL ASSOCIATES PARKING LOT ON GALLIMORE ROAD TO COMPLETE YOUR FLOAT BEFORE ENTERING THE STAGING AREA AT THE HIGH SCHOOL.Corey