2022 Christmas Parade
Application & Information
Saturday, December 3, 2022 at 4PM
Theme: “Peace On Earth”
Brought to you by the Brevard/Transylvania Chamber of Commerce
Download Information Packet » Download Parade Staging Map » Parade Application »
With the leaves changing and crisp cool mornings, Mother Nature has already started sending us clues that the holiday season is right around the corner! That means it’s almost time for the Annual Downtown Brevard Christmas Parade. Brought to you by the Brevard/Transylvania Chamber of Commerce and sponsored by Blue Ridge Community College Apprenticeship Program & Transylvania Vocational Services, the 51st Christmas Parade will be held on Saturday, December 3, 2022 at 4pm, rain, snow or shine.
This year’s theme is “Peace On Earth”. Thoughtfully chosen by a Chamber selection committee, this year’s theme reflects the desires from our community for peace and calm for the world, especially during the holiday season. Our special honorees for the parade, including the Grand Marshall, have demonstrated a concerted effort to bring peace and unity to Transylvania County. We encourage parade participants to also explore, embody and decorate their floats in the spirit of our theme.
PLEASE NOTE THE NEWER PARADE START TIME OF 4PM. The parade will begin at Brevard High School and continue down Country Club Road and Broad Street through downtown, ending at Brevard College. Fully completed applications including the $20.00 entry fee are due by Sunday, November 27.
Is there a maximum number of entries?
No. The more the merrier!
Do I need to register for the parade?
Yes. You must register by Sunday, November 27. Only emergency vehicles and classic cars do not need to register.
How much does it cost to enter the parade?
There is a $20 registration fee for each float entry.
When should we arrive at the High School?
Please arrive no earlier than 1:00pm and as late as 3:30pm. The earlier you arrive, the closer you will be to the front of the parade. Judging begins at 2:30pm and the deadline to check in is 3:30pm.
Why the new start time?
As part of our collaboration with Heart of Brevard’s annual “Light Up The Night” celebration after the parade, the new start time at 4pm makes the day’s events more accessible to attendee’s schedules and creates a seamless transition from one event to the next.
Where and why do I need to check in?
Check-in is in front of the cafeteria on the lawn at Brevard high School. Please check in by 3:30pm. If you do not check in, we will assume you did not show and your entry will not be announced at the courthouse intersection. When you do check in, you will receive a number to put on the inside of the front passenger side windshield of your vehicle, facing out. We will pull the corresponding numbered card to announce you at the courthouse intersection when we see your number coming!
Will the parade be broadcast?
WGCR radio has traditionally carried the parade live and follows the same procedure mentioned above to announce your entry.
How will I know when to go?
We line up floats in the order they arrive. A volunteer will ask you to move ahead when it is time to go.
Can we stop and perform during the parade?
A group may stop and perform at the intersection of Main and Broad for the emcee. Performances should last no more than one minute. No other stops will be allowed.
Can we hand out flyers or candy?
No handouts may be given out unless attached to candy. Please do not throw candy from your float or vehicle. This causes an unsafe situation when children run out into the road. Candy may be handed out by people walking beside your float.
Is there a rain date?
No. The parade takes place rain, snow or shine.
2022 Christmas Parade Rules
- Advance registration is a must! Please submit your application by Sunday, November 27, 2022.
- Check in is required to participate in the parade. Upon arrival at Brevard high School, please visit the Chamber of Commerce tent at the front left corner of the school building facing Country Club Road. This is where you check in. You will be assigned a number at that time so that you can be announced at the square in the correct order. If you do not have your number showing by the end of the check-in period at 3:30pm, you may not participate in the parade.
- Participants may be dropped off at the Gallimore Road entrance or in front of the high school. There is no temporary parking available for participant drop-off at the front of Brevard High School as traffic needs to keep moving. Organizations are encouraged to designate a volunteer to stand at the front of the school to help shuttle children to their groups. If you need temporary parking, you may pull into the Gallimore Road entrance and park behind the float staging area. If you need long-term parking, please plan to park at the upper parking lot beside the high school gym or find parking elsewhere.
- The following types of vehicles are not allowed:
A. 18 wheelers B. Mini Bikes C. ATV’s or Go-Carts
- For the safety of onlookers and participants, please do not throw candy or other items from your vehicle. Disregarding this rule could jeopardize your chances of being in future parades. Walkers may hand out candy from beside their float.
- No entries shall use the parade for advertising merchandise. However, businesses can display the name of their business on their entry float.
- Parade entries shall be decorated in a festive manner, preferably relating to the theme.
- Entries making political statements will not be allowed.
- Only one Emergency Response Vehicle per fire district. The area from the Transylvania County Library to Probart Street is to remain siren free.
- After lining up, please remain with your entry. Judging will begin at 2:30pm.
- Maintain 30 feet between each entry for the safety of participants and to provide spectators with the best view. At the same time, be sure to keep moving to prevent gaps.
- Only one Santa will be in the parade. The Chamber of Commerce has made these arrangements and will ask others to step out of the parade and go back to the North Pole.
- No horses will be allowed to participate in the parade. Any pet participating must ride on a float or inside a vehicle.
- Your float MUST be complete before arriving at the high school. If necessary, you may use the parking lot for the Medical Associates of Transylvania on Gallimore Road to complete your float before entering the staging area at the school.
- Float participants must enter through the back entrance of the high school off Gallimore Road via Greenville Highway. No floats will be allowed admittance from the Country Club Road entrance.