COVID-19 – Business Resources
This is an unprecedented time for Transylvania County and the world, and things are changing rapidly with all elements related to COVID-19. This page was created to help our local businesses and organizations quickly find up-to-date information and resources to navigate this challenging time. Please check back regularly, as new resources and information are added throughout each day as they become available.
To find information on how you can support our local businesses and non-profits during this time, please click here.
Tools & Tips, Webinars & Classes
Every Wednesday, 11:30am – 12pm – NC Chamber offers a weekly forum with Q&A with NC Public Health Officials
Every Mon, Wed, Fri at 8am – CAI offers Answers at 8 > M-W-F Call-In for NC Employers
- April 8, 11:00am – Virtual Town Hall: Ins and Outs of SBA Resources, SBA
- April 8, 12:10 – 1pm – How to Use Instagram Stories Effectively as a Brand…and Have Fun Doing It!, JP Media Group
- April 9, 9:30 – 10:30am – How to Manage Employees As Coronavirus Spreads (HR), BRCC SBC
- April 9, 1:00pm – Coronavirus and Your Small Business- Live Q&A with SCORE Mentors, SCORE
- April 9, 4:30 – 6pm – Overview of the CARES Act, BRCC SBC
- April 13, 12-1pm – Do You Need Capital to Cover the Cost of Retaining Employees?, BRCC SBC
- April 15, 12pm – How to Have a Great Website without Tech Skills & on a Budget, ACTIVATE
- April 21, 2-3pm – Making an Offer They Can’t Refuse (Online), BRCC SBC
- April 21, 3:30 – 4:30pm – Do You Need a Quick Infusion of a Smaller Amount of Cash to Cover You Right Now?, BRCC SBC
- April 28, 4:30 – 5:30pm – Learn how to keep-up with payments on your current or potential SBA loan, BRCC SBC
Government Information and Updates
City of Brevard
Transylvania Public Health Updates and Guidance
Transylvania County Government Community Response to COVID-19
Transylvania County issues Resolution #10-2020 limiting overnight stays
North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
NCDOR Expands Penalty Relief, Includes Sales and Use and Withholding Taxes
Stay at Home Executive Order 121 in affect from 3/30 at 5pm to 4/30. Click here for more information.
Utilities Evictions Financial Services Executive Order 124. Click here for FAQ.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
A Small Business Owners Guide to the CARES Act
Loan and Disaster Financing
SBA Funding Options & Resources
NC Rapid Recovery Loans
Mountain BizWorks Rapid Recovery Loans Available
Facebook Small Business Grants Program
Quickbooks GoFundMe Program
Additional Loan & Disaster Relief Programs
Business Operational Guidance
General Business Information
Non-profit Specific Information
Tourism Specific Information
Contact the DES Employer Call Center with any questions or concerns: 866.278.3822.
Individuals who want to apply for Unemployment click here or call 888.737.0259
Unemployment Insurance Changes Due to COVID-19
Unemployment Fact Sheet – COVID-19
Blue Ridge Community College Small Business Center is here to assist you and your business with resources and assistance related to the COVID-19 pandemic, including assistance and information, webinars, and one-on-one counseling.
NC Works – Computers available to apply for unemployment by appointment only
This information was provided in a collaboration by the following to support the local business community and our community at-large: