47th Annual Downtown Brevard Christmas Parade
Application & Information
Is there a maximum number of entries?
No. The more the merrier!
Do I need to register for the parade?
If you have a float or entry you would like announced you MUST register. Only emergency vehicles and classic cars do not need to register.
How much does it cost to enter the parade?
Those who are required to register will pay $15. Organizations with more than one entry may pay $20 to cover all their entries.
When should we arrive at the High School?
The earlier you arrive, the closer you will be to the front of the parade. Arrive as early as noon and as late as 2pm. Floats are judged at 2pm and the deadline to check in is 2:30pm.
Where and why do I need to check in?
Check-in is in front of the cafeteria on the lawn at Brevard High School. Please check in by 2:30pm. If you do not check in we will assume you did not show and your entry will not be announced at the square. When you do check in you will receive a number to put in the front, passenger’s side windshield of your vehicle facing out. We will pull the corresponding numbered card to announce you in the square.
Will the parade be broadcast?
WGCR radio will carry the parade live and will follow the same procedure mentioned above to announce your entry. Comporium will film the parade with WGCR’s DJ’s emceeing. This will air on their cable network as soon as it is edited.
How will I know when to go?
We line floats up in the order they arrive. A volunteer will ask you to go when it’s time.
Can we stop and perform during the parade?
A group may stop and perform at the corner of Jordan and Broad for WGCR and at the intersection of Main and Broad for the Mayor. Performances should last no more than one minute. No other stops will be allowed.
Can we hand out flyers or candy?
No handouts can be given out unless attached to candy. PLEASE do not throw candy from your entry. This causes an unsafe situation when children run out into the road.
Christmas Parade Rules 2018
- Advance registration is a must! Please return your signed application form by November 21, 2018.
To check in, please visit the tent near the front of the High School. CHECK IN IS REQUIRED. You will be assigned a number at that time so that you can be announced at the square.
- The following types of vehicles are not allowed:
A. 18 wheelers B. Mini Bikes C. ATV’s or Go-Carts
- For the safety of onlookers and participants, please do not throw items from your entry (i.e. ,candy). Disregarding this rule could jeopardize your chances of being in future parades. Walkers may hand out candy from beside their float.
- No entries shall use the parade for advertising merchandise. However, businesses can display the name of their business on their entry.
- Parade entries shall be decorated in a festive manner, preferably relating to the theme.
- Entries making political/social statements will not be allowed.
- Only one Emergency Response Vehicle per fire district. The area from the Transylvania County Library to the Transylvania Times is to remain siren free.
- After lining up, please remain with your entry. Judging will be at 2:00 pm sharp.
- Maintain 30 feet between each entry for the safety of participants and to provide spectators with the best view. Also, keep moving to prevent gaps.
- Only one Santa shall be in the parade. The Chamber of Commerce has made these arrangements.
- No horses will be allowed to participate in the parade. Any pet participating must ride on a float or inside a vehicle.
FLOAT PARTICIPANTS MUST ENTER THROUGH THE BACK ENTRANCE OF THE HIGH SCHOOL OFF GALLIMORE ROAD VIA GREENVILLE HIGHWAY. No floats will be allowed admittance from the Country Club Road entrance. See parade staging map.
PLEASE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO ARRIVE AT THE HIGH SCHOOL WITH A COMPLETED FLOAT. IF NECESSARY, YOU MAY USE MEDICAL ASSOCIATES PARKING LOT ON GALLIMORE ROAD TO COMPLETE YOUR FLOAT BEFORE ENTERING THE STAGING AREA AT THE HIGH SCHOOL.